How do I use my bumGenius One-Size Cloth Diapers?
- Adjust the diaper sizing by choosing the right snap setting on the front of the diaper.
- Your diaper arrives snapped down to the "small" setting, the bottom row of snaps.
- To use the "medium" setting, unsnap the diaper and resnap on the second row of snaps.
- To use the diaper on the "large" setting, fully unsnap the front of the diaper.
HELPFUL HINT: For overnight use, consider stuffing with two inserts and setting the diaper to be one size larger than you would for daytime use.
- Adjust the insert sizing by choosing the right snap setting on the insert.
- To use the insert as a "small," snap the insert down to the bottom snap socket. Little boys tend to do well with the folded part towards the front of the diaper while little girls may do better with it towards the back.
- To use the insert as a "medium," snap the insert down to the middle snap socket.
- To use the insert as a "large," just leave it completely unsnapped.
- Put the insert in your diaper. Hold the insert in one hand and place inside the slot (located under the protective flap). Align the front edge of the insert with the top edge of the velcro strip. Using one hand to hold the front of the insert in place, stretch the diaper and smooth the insert flat as you pull your other hand out of the diaper.
HELPFUL HINT: Many parents prefer to pre-stuff their diapers at the end of their washing routine.
- Put the diaper on your baby. bumGenius Cloth Diapers go on just like a disposable diaper.
How do I wash my bumGenius One-Size Cloth Diapers?
- If the diaper has hook & loop closures, secure the laundry tabs.
- Pre-wash cold to remove waste and fight stains.
- Wash hot (100F/40C) with bumGenius detergent to cleanse your diapers.
- Follow with a second rinse.
- Line-dry covers and diaper shells. Tumble dry inserts, fitteds and prefolds.
Other Washing Tips:
- Wash dirty diapers every other day.
- If your diapers still stink, wash again.
- Remove solid waste before storing in pail. (A bumGenius diaper sprayer is wonderful!)
- Use only detergent and water. Do not use other additives like vinegar or baking soda.
- Once per month, use up to 1/4 cup bleach in the hot wash cycle (step 3) to sanitize diapers and fight odors.
- To remove stains, lay clean, wet diapers in the sun.