Eight familiar shapes are featured in this extra-thick wooden puzzle with easy-grasp, chunky pieces. Each piece has a matching picture underneath and the shape name is printed on the puzzle board. Encourages hand-eye coordination, fine motor skills and visual perception skills.
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- Ask the child to line up the pieces, and count them aloud together.
- Ask the child to identify each shape as you point to it.
- Show the child the difference between a curved line and a straight line. Then ask the child to sort the puzzle pieces into a "curves pile" and a "lines pile," according to what kind of lines each piece has.
- Encourage the child to identify and discuss all the colors on the pieces and the puzzle board. Then ask the child to match each puzzle piece to the part of the puzzle board with the same color.
- Place three or four puzzle pieces in a row and ask the child to study them. Then have the child look away while you remove one piece. Ask the child to look again and tell you which piece is missing. Repeat with fewer or more pieces to alter the level of difficulty.
Dimensions: 1" x 9" x 12"