| » For Mom - While Pregnant|
| » For Mom - - After The Baby Is Born|
| » Breast Pumps and Replacement Parts|
| » Breastfeeding Needs|
| » Feeding babies and toddlers|
| » Caring for Baby|
| » Gifts and Keepsakes: Baby Books, Baby Shower Gifts, Big Brother, Big Sister, Religious, Grandmother, Great-Grandmother, etc.|
| » Travel: Car Seat Accessories, Children's Luggage, Sippy Cup Leashes, Mirrors|
| » Clothes for babies & children|
| » Baby & Toddler Accessories |
| » College Sports Baby Clothes & Gear|
| » Cloth diapers and accessories|
| » Preschool & Day Care Needs|
| » Toys and Plush Animals|
| » Christmas|
| » Seasonal|
| » Gift Certificates|
| » SALE|
| » Baby and Toddler Clothing|
| » Gifts, Toys, Birthday||
Home > Insurance Breastpumps
|Frequently Asked Questions About Filing An Insurance Claim For A Breastpump
3. Who can the Babytalk Store file insurance claims for?
4.How do I know if my health insurance policy covers the cost of a breast pump?
5. What information does Babytalk Store need in order to file my claim?
6. Why do you need a prescription from my doctor in order to file my claim for a breast pump?
7. I do not live in the Northport/Tuscaloosa area. Can you ship my breast pump to me?
Overview: Could the cost of your breast pump be covered by Health Insurance?
- The Affordable Health Care Act contains a provision that requires health insurance providers to cover the cost of breast pumps for new mothers. Although a few policies have remained exempt from this requirement, the majority of women are able to take advantage of this benefit.
- Babytalk Store is a provider for breast pumps for Blue Cross and Blue Shield. If you have coverage through Blue Cross and Blue Shield, and live in Alabama, please contact us at (205) 333-1594 so that we can check your coverage for you. To check your policy we will need to know your name, birth date, and BCBS contract/policy number.
- If you have coverage under the Affordable Health Care Act, Babytalk Store can provide you with a double breast pump, with no out of pocket cost to you.
Who is eligible to file a claim for a breastpump?
- Women who are pregnant ARE ELIGIBLE to file a claim for a breast pump. Just because your policy does not cover maternity costs, does not mean it will not cover the cost of a breast pump.
- Women who have had a baby in the past twelve months and are breastfeeding, ARE ELIGIBLE to file a claim for a breast pump.
- Women are NOT eligible if they are not pregnant, their child(ren) are OVER a year old, or if they do not have any children at all.
Who can Babytalk Store file insurance claims for? Babytalk Store can file claims for any woman who has health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of any state AND live in the state of Alabama.
- Example: You live in Alabama, but you have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arkansas (or of any other state). This generally happens when you or your spouse work for a company that has offices in Alabama, but whose corporate headquarters are in another state.
How do I know if my health insurance policy covers the cost of a breast pump? If you have Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Babytalk Store can check your coverage for you. Call us at (205) 333-1594, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our store in Northport, AL. We will need the following information to check your coverage:
- Your full name.
- The contract number on your health insurance card.
- Your date of birth.
What information does Babytalk Store need in order to file my claim?
In order to file your claim, Babytalk Store needs the following:
- A copy of your insurance card.
- A copy of your driver's license.
- A prescription from your doctor for a breast pump.
- Babytalk Store's Insurance Form, completed and signed by you. The form includes your basic information, and grants us permission to file your
Why do you need a prescription from my doctor in order to file my claim for a breast pump?
When we file a claim, we need to have evidence on file of medical relevance for a breast pump. In other words, we are required to show that we are only giving breast pumps to new or expecting mothers who have an actual need for a breast pump.
I do not live in the Northport/Tuscaloosa area. Can you ship my breast pump to me?
Yes, Babytalk Store can ship insurance breast pumps anywhere within the state of Alabama at no charge to you.
Do I get a choice of pumps?
Yes, we do offer a choice of insurance breast pumps. We also allow moms to upgrade to a more expensive pump if they choose. Our most popular insurance pump is the Spectra 9Plus. It is a very compact double electric breast pump that works on a rechargeable battery. If you are not familiar with this pump I suggest you Google -- moms really like it!