| » Medela Breastpumps, Replacement Parts, etc.|
| » Maternity Clothing|
| » Pregnancy & Post Pregnancy Needs: Pregnancy Pillows, Belly Bandits, Stretch Mark Prevention|
| » Breastfeeding Needs: Nursing Bras, Milkies Breastmilk Savers, Breast Pads, etc.|
| » Feeding Baby: Bottles, Dr. Brown's, Special Needs Feeders, Bottle Holder Pets, etc.|
| » Caring for Baby: Baby Carriers, Bathtime, Bedtime, Sickness, etc.|
| » Pacifiers, Pacifier Clips, Teethers, & Teething Jewelry|
| » Gifts and Keepsakes: Baby Books, Baby Shower Gifts, Big Brother, Big Sister, Religious, Grandmother, Great-Grandmother, etc.|
| » Travel: Car Seat Accessories, Children's Luggage, Sippy Cup Leashes, Mirrors|
| » Clothes: Preemies, Newborns, Babies, & Toddlers|
| » Baby & Toddler Accessories: Shoes, Socks, Tights, Hairbows, Hats, & Jewelry|
| » College Sports Baby Clothes & Gear|
| » Diapering: Cloth Diapers, Reusable Swim Diapers, Cloth Training Pants, & More|
| » Preschool & Day Care: Nap Mats, Backpacks, Lunchboxes, School Year Memory Books, etc.|
| » Toys: Traditional Wooden Toys, Puzzles, Webkinz, Melissa & Doug, etc.|
| » Christmas|
| » Seasonal|
| » Gift Certificates|
| » SALE|
| » Baby and Toddler Clothing|
| » Gifts, Toys, Birthday|
| » Medela Breastpumps and Breastpump Replacement Parts||
Home > Insurance Breastpumps
|Frequently Asked Questions About Filing An Insurance Claim For A Breastpump
3. Who can the Babytalk Store file insurance claims for?
4.How do I know if my health insurance policy covers the cost of a breastpump?
5. What information does Babytalk Store need in order to file my claim?
6. Why do you need a prescription from my doctor in order to file my claim for a breastpump?
7. I do not live in the Northport/Tuscaloosa area. Can you ship my breastpump to me?
Overview: Could the cost of your breastpump be covered by Health Insurance?
- The Affordable Health Care Act contains a provision that requires health insurance providers to cover the cost of breast pumps for new mothers. Although a few policies have remained exempt from this requirement, the majority of women are able to take advantage of this benefit.
- Babytalk Store is a provider for breastpumps for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama. If you have coverage through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama, please contact us at (205) 333-1594 so that we can check your coverage for you.
- If you have coverage under the Afforable Health Care Act, Babytalk Store can provide you with a Medela double breast pump with no out of pocket cost.
Who is eligible to file a claim for a breastpump?
- Women who are pregnant ARE ELIGIBLE to file a claim for a breastpump.
- Women who have had a baby in the past twelve months and are breastfeeding, ARE ELIGIBLE to file a claim for a breastpump.
- Women are NOT eligible if they are not pregnant, their child(ren) are OVER a year old, or if they do not have any children at all.
Who can Babytalk Store file insurance claims for?
Babytalk Store can file claims for:
- Women who have health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama AND live in the state of Alabama.
- Women who have health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of any state AND live in the state of Alabama.
- Example: You live in Alabama, but you have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arkansas (or of any other state). This generally happens when you or your spouse work for a company that has offices in Alabama, but whose corporate headquarters are in another state.
How do I know if my health insurance policy covers the cost of a breastpump?
You have two options:
- If you have Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance, Babytalk Store can check your coverage. You can call us at (205) 333-1594, e-mail us at babytalkstore[at]gmail.com, or visit our store in Northport, AL. We will need the following information to check your coverage:
- Your full name.
- The contract number on your health insurance card.
- Your date of birth.
- Look on the reverse side of your health insurance card for a customer service number. Use that number to contact your health insurance company, and ask them about your coverage. Be sure to ask them if the Affordable Health Care Act has been applied to your policy.
What information does Babytalk Store need in order to file my claim?
In order to file your claim, Babytalk Store needs the following:
- A copy of your insurance card.
- A copy of your driver's license.
- A prescription from your doctor for a breastpump.
- Babytalk Store's Insurance Form, filled out and signed by you. The form includes your basic information, and grants us permission to file your claim. Contact us, or drop by our store, for a copy of the form. If you have any questions about the form, please call us: (205) 333-1594.
Why do you need a prescription from my doctor in order to file my claim for a breastpump?
When we file a claim, we need to have evidence on file of medical relevance for a breastpump. In other words, we are required to show that we are only giving breastpumps to new or expecting mothers who have an actual need for a breastpump.
I do not live in the Northport/Tuscaloosa area. Can you ship my breastpump to me?
Yes, Babytalk Store can ship insurance breastpumps within the state of Alabama for no charge.