Medela's 9-Volt Vehicle Lighter Adapter enables you to pump breastmilk in a motor vehicle by using the vehicle's cigarette lighter to power your breastpump. It is very easy to use: simply plug the small metal end of the vehicle lighter adapter into your breastpump, and plug the larger end into the vehicle lighter. The 6-foot long cord allows you plenty of room to maneuver. Using this vehicle lighter adapter will slightly increase the pumping speed of the Pump in Style Breastpumps. Adjust pumping speed for your comfort.
IMPORTANT: How to know if the 9 Volt Vehicle Lighter Adapter is compatible with your Medela Breastpump
Look at the front of your breastpump (the face plate). Find the place where you plug the power cord into the breastpump. Immediately underneath, you will see writing. If that writing says "9 VDC max." then the 9 Volt Vehicle Lighter Adapter is compatible with your breastpump. If it says "12 VDC max." then you need the 12 Volt Vehicle Lighter Adapter.
Medela's 9 Volt Vehicle Lighter Adapter is compatible with:
- All models of the Medela Pump In Style Advanced introduced between 2008 and now. This includes: Medela Pump In Style Advanced Metro Bag Breastpump, Medela Pump In Style Advanced On-the-Go Tote Breastpump, Medela Pump in Style Advanced Backpack Breastpump.
The Medela 9 Volt Vehicle Lighter Adapater should NOT be used with:
- Medela Symphony Breastpump
- Medela Freestyle Breastpump
- Medela Single Deluxe Breastpump
- Medela Lactina Breastpump
- Models of the Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breastpump introduced 2003-2007
- All models of the Medela Pump In Style Original Breastpump (these were manufactured 1994-2005)